Here is the newsletter I posted to the facebook group last month. Now that the website is up and running I’ll be archiving these here.
We have come a long way in a short amount of time. I am having an initial meeting with the interim board of directors next week. Currently, the interim Board of Directors consists of:
- Chris Hall – Prytanis
- Kevin Geist – Epi-Prytanis
- Scott Kazem – Grammateus
- Steve Cheek – Crysophylos
The agenda for this short meeting is as follows:
- Update on incorporation paperwork (Scott)
- Update on financial information and management, Tax EIDN etc. (Steve)
- Update on recruitment and membership (Chris)
- Ideas for budgeting and dues gathering (Steve)
By the end of this meeting, all board members will have the information they need to :
- Submit chartering application to the national office (TKE HQ).
- Set up a checking account in the Association’s name.
- Set up a paypal account linked to the checking account to make payment of dues easier
- Establish a budget.
- Establish agenda for first official business meeting.
Also, Frater Billy Reilly has begun setting up our first social outing. Time and Place will be announced next week.
I recently sent out friend requests on facebook to a couple hundred fraters living in the area (DC-Metro and greater VA). I am currently in the process of sending out welcome messages and adding their information to the roster as they join. This is somewhat of a time consuming process, so if you are reading this and wondering “when will I be added to the official roster and invited to the group?”, please feel free to shoot me a reminder message via facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll try to respond asap.
Mu Omega #651
Hey just a quick update for now, I updated a calendar of our events to display on the site. You can add this shared calendar to keep track of what we have planned. Stay tuned for more info!
We have an account set up on Facebook to post updates to when new events are approaching, so add us as a friend and stay in touch!
Our Facebook Profile
Greetings everyone, we’ve got the website set up and we’ll be posting updates here pretty regularly. Stay tuned for the latest!
Chris #651 & Tim #660